Decorate a planter for the holidays with a pre-made wreath, live greenery and beautiful frosted ornaments.
Download a PDF of this project here: Ornament Planter How To.
You will need:
- Martha Stewart Living™ Frosted Traditions Ornament Ball Wreath
- Martha Stewart Living Frosted Traditions Ornaments 101-pack
- 22-inch cast stone urn in granite finish
- Live greenery (spruce, noble fir, white pine, cedar, eucalyptus, etc.)
- Plastic drop cloth
- Bubble wrap
- Pruning shears
- Fill the urn two-thirds of the way to the top with bubble wrap.
- Cut the plastic drop cloth into a circle a few inches wider than the urn. Cover bubble wrap with plastic drop cloth and tuck edges beneath the lip of the urn to create a “bucket” for the sand. Add sand.
- Place the greenery into sand and arrange decoratively, draping longer branches over the edge of the planter.
- Place the Frosted Traditions Ornament Wreath on top of the greenery.
- Fill in the wreath opening with loose or glued ornament balls. Be sure to hide the ornament caps from view.
- Keep filling in the center of the wreath for a full, gorgeous display.