The change of seasons is a great time to spruce things up, and with autumn upon us, it’s a chance to make your home’s entryway feel warm and cozy.
From temporary harvest décor to more long-term improvements, here are some simple ways to make sure you and your guests feel welcomed.
Curb Appeal for Your Autumn Home:
- Start with a clean slate. Tidy up your lawn by mowing, edging and raking leaves. Wash your porch floor and clean windows.
- Paint your front door and shutters in autumn-hues such as eggplant, moss green, pumpkin or gold.
- Hang a rustic, fall wreath to welcome visitors. Use a wreath hanger to protect your door.
- Place a fall-themed doormat by your entrance. Consider one with your family’s surname, a leaf pattern or in an autumn color.
- Add colorful fall flowers such as mums, pansies, croton, ornamental cabbage, and kale in pots, hanging baskets, window boxes, and garden beds. Consult a Garden Center associate to pick the best plants for your area.
- Create a seasonal display with bales of hay, corn stalks, pumpkins, gourds, potted mums and stems of leaves and berries.
- Imitate Mother Nature by freshening up garden beds with mulch. Just as trees naturally drop their leaves in a mulching cover on the ground, you can protect plants, too. Learn more about the benefits of mulching in the garden and landscape.