Screen your favorite flicks under the stars … all without going to a drive-in.
By simply hanging a canvas and flipping on a projector, you can watch blockbusters in your own yard. Add comfy chairs and a bucket of popcorn for an inexpensive night out. Perfect for girls’ nights, romantic dates and kids’ entertainment.
Skill Level: Beginner
1. Punch grommets into three sides of tarp, spaced every 18 inches or so. Leave bottom side grommet-free.
2. Feed bungee cords through grommets and secure screen to pergola or porch frame, stretching as smoothly as possible, letting it hang with 2 to 3 inches of extra canvas pooling on ground.
3. Arrange decorative river rocks across extra ground-level canvas to weight tarp down. Set up projector, following package directions, on sturdy side table or other base. Wait until dark to pop the popcorn.
* Cozy up your outdoor theater space with comfy furniture such as a chaise lounge, ottoman and chairs.
* For extra comfort, add pillows, throw blankets and even an area rug.
* Serve refreshments in stylish and safe acrylic tableware.