Screen your favorite flicks under the stars … all without going to a drive-in.
By simply hanging a canvas and flipping on a projector, you can watch blockbusters in your own yard. Add comfy chairs and a bucket of popcorn for an inexpensive night out. Perfect for girls’ nights, romantic dates and kids’ entertainment.
Skill Level: Beginner
1. Punch grommets into three sides of tarp, spaced every 18 inches or so. Leave bottom side grommet-free.
2. Feed bungee cords through grommets and secure screen to pergola or porch frame, stretching as smoothly as possible, letting it hang with 2 to 3 inches of extra canvas pooling on ground.
3. Arrange decorative river rocks across extra ground-level canvas to weight tarp down. Set up projector, following package directions, on sturdy side table or other base. Wait until dark to pop the popcorn.
* Cozy up your outdoor theater space with comfy furniture such as a chaise lounge, ottoman and chairs.
* For extra comfort, add pillows, throw blankets and even an area rug.
* Serve refreshments in stylish and safe acrylic tableware.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!