Wildfires are a threat to homeowners. Create a fire-safe environment on your property with one simple practice: Remove any flammable materials within 30 feet of your house.
- Prune lower tree limbs within 8’ of the ground so they don’t become “fire ladders.”
- Prune dead leaves and branches.
- Rake any dead vegetation from under the deck.
- Move resinous plants, such as culinary herbs, 30’ away from house.
- Replace flammable mulches with gravel mulches.
- Create “firebreaks” with brick or stone paths and patios.
- Move stacks of firewood and propane tanks 30’ away from house.
- Replace wooden patio furniture, play structures, etc., with non-flammable options.