Celebrate the new season by decorating outdoors with fall’s warm, earthy colors. Go beyond pumpkins on the front steps by having fun and getting creative.
DECORATE THE OUTDOORS FOR FALL:
- Slip potted shrubs with bright fall foliage into containers. Place on either side of your front door. Water as needed and before it freezes, plant shrubs in the ground.
- Use pumpkins and gourds of all shapes, colors and sizes to line your front walkway or cluster on your porch. Add luminarias or solar lanterns to brighten the evenings.
- Fill window boxes with potted ornamental grasses, cabbages and kales. Top with decorative moss or branches of leaves to hide the pots.
- Arrange branches of leaves and berries in containers. Accent with grasses, pumpkins and ornamental cabbages and kales.
- Fill a large urn 2/3’s with empty plastic bottles or jugs. Pile pumpkins and squash in a pyramid shape. Fill gaps with decorative moss. Use as a centerpiece in the garden.