Cool, buttery avocado makes soothing salsa that’s a palate-pleasing contrast to spicy meats, such as these cayenne-rubbed chicken breasts.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken, and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with salsa.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!