Presented by Back to the Roots
Mushrooms have been used for thousands of years as a delicious culinary and medical ingredient. Normally, oyster mushrooms are found on fallen trees in forests throughout the world in spring and fall. Now, using the Back to the Roots Organic Mushroom Farm, you can grow your own organic oyster mushrooms indoors, year-round. There’s no foraging through the forests at sunrise needed.
Not only will you get necessary nutrients and a tasty treat, but you will also get to experience all of the excitement that comes along with indoor gardening and growing your own food. Using the Back to the Roots complete mushroom grow kit, your pearl oyster mushrooms will sprout and be ready to eat in 10-12 days.
Nutritional Facts on Organic Oyster Mushrooms from the kit:
- Vitamin D. One cup of raw oyster mushrooms provides you with about 4 percent of your daily vitamin D needs. Vitamin D is known as the “sunshine vitamin” because our body creates it in response to sun exposure. However, this essential vitamin can also be found in certain foods, oyster mushrooms being one of them. Vitamin D plays an important role in promoting healthy bones and preventing osteoporosis.
- Iron. What else does one cup of oyster mushrooms provide? They provide 12 percent of the daily iron intake for men and 6 percent for women. Iron is an essential component of hemoglobin, which is found in red blood cells and helps to transport oxygen to the rest of your body. Therefore, iron (and oyster mushrooms) make for healthy cell function.
- Zinc. Last but not least, oyster mushrooms are a great source of zinc, as it provides about 9 percent of your daily value. Humans do not need an excessive amount of zinc in their bodies, however, some amount of zinc is critical. Zinc plays an important role in creating healthy DNA functioning and a strong immune system.
Some Additional Facts Around the Back to the Roots Mushroom Farm:
- Oyster mushrooms have as much protein as steak by dry weight
- Organic, NON-GMO, paleo and vegan
- Help boost the immune system, reduce cholesterol and are naturally anti-bacterial
- Kit is 100 percent guaranteed to grow
Oyster Mushrooms for your health:
On top of those amazing nutritional benefits the oyster mushroom provides, research shows a possible anti-tumor effect from them, too. They contain complex carbohydrates called polysaccharides, which have been linked in studies in stimulating the immune system to fight cancer.
How to grow your own oyster mushrooms
Get started. Simply open your box and soak the contents overnight.
Days 2 to 6
Water and learn. Water twice a day with the included spray bottle (or by sprinkling water onto the growing media).
Days 7 to 10
Watch ‘em Grow! Once they start pinning, they can double in size every day.
Days 11 to 12
Harvest and enjoy. Gently pluck your mushrooms off, look up a recipe on backtotheroots.com and enjoy.