- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta (farfalle)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint, parsley, or basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or pecorino cheese, plus more for serving, if desired
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add snap peas; cook 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon or a small sieve, scoop out vegetables; transfer to a bowl.
- Return water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; set pasta aside in colander.
- In pasta pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add asparagus, snap peas, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cooked pasta, avocado, herbs, cheese, and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with additional cheese, if desired.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!