Enjoy fresh and fragrant rosemary, chives and other tasty herbs all winter by growing them in a sunny window. Make it easy to snip herbs and add flavor or garnish to any meal by choosing a spot close to the kitchen. The easiest herbs to grow indoors include rosemary, chives, oregano, thyme, lemongrass and mint.
Grow an Indoor Herb Garden:
- Choose 6” deep pots with drainage holes and saucer. Fill halfway with potting soil.
- Remove herbs from containers by pushing from the bottom. Gently loosen roots and place plant in pot.
- Fill with soil up to the depth the plants were growing in the original pots.
- Water well.
- Place plants in a sunny window that receives at least 6 hours of strong sunlight each day.
- Water as needed to keep the soil lightly moist, but don’t overwater.
- Feed with a half-strength solution of a water-soluble houseplant fertilizer every two weeks.
Plants grow toward the sun so be sure to rotate them.