Step up your Christmas decor with brilliantly colored poinsettias.
These traditional decorating favorites are a stylish way to brighten up your space during the colder months. They also make easy, beautiful gifts for co-workers, neighbors, teachers and hostesses.
Poinsettias come in bright red, pink, white, marbled and speckled shades. And as these decorating tips prove, the more, the merrier!
1. Holiday chic. Drop a small poinsettia plant in a container or urn for a unique look. Use it on on your fireplace hearth or in warmer areas, on your porch.
2. Think pink. Some varieties of poinsettias come in beautiful and unusual speckled shades of dusty pink. These beauties make a stunning centerpiece on a holiday table, or can stand alone.
3. Burlap wrapped. Poinsettias look good in their metallic or green wrappers but it’s always a nice touch give them a new look. Wrap them in burlap or brown builder’s paper. Place them on a console table behind the couch or near the front door to ensure they’re the first thing guests notice.
4. Flank the fireplace. The traditional look of flanking your fireplace with poinsettias is a quick and easy way to make your space festive in a hurry. Just remember to position them out of the way if you light the fire.
5. Holiday wreath. Snip off poinsettia blooms and tuck them into a wreath for a gorgeous and colorful twist.
6. Blooming stairway. Let poinsettias do the work of welcoming guests for the holidays by placing them around a stairway leading to sleeping quarters. Use live or go faux. The pictured faux poinsettias are no fuss and take little effort as you go about your Christmas decorating.
SEE More Christmas DEcorating ideas:
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!