Because your four-legged family members bury bones, sleep in flower beds and play around in the grass, dogs welcome play spaces of their own.
Give your canine companion dedicated spaces for his or her favorite activities — and preserve your garden while you’re at it.
1. Roam. Give your doggie freedom and access to the space by installing a pet door. It’s an escape hatch and frees up your back and forth. Your dog just might let you sleep in.
2. Dig. So that your garden doesn’t become your furry friend’s favorite digging space, try a sandbox. Put your dog’s favorite toys nearby to encourage use.
3. Nap. Dogs can nap almost anywhere. Encourage your doggie away from your garden beds by providing a cool haven for a siesta. A dog house also is a great way to escape the elements. Interested in a DIY project? Learn how to build a custom canine condo with a rooftop deck.
4. Drink. Try a fountain with running water, a fave among dogs to take a drink. This ceramic frog fountain circulates running water and runs on solar power, making it energy efficient and easy to set up. Just replace the water regularly to keep it free of dog hair and algae.
Find other tips and ideas in these lists:
- 5 Birdhouses You’ll Want for the Birds
- 4 Ideas for Decorating Around Your Picnic Table
- 5 Good Bugs to Keep in Your Garden