Add some oomph to your front porch this spring with these seasonal ideas.
1. First up, attach a horse trough-style window box to your porch rail and fill it with the best blooms of spring. The box above is filled with English daisies in shades of blush pink and raspberry, dramatic Calla lilies, bright white candytuft and trails of variegated English ivy.
2. Dress up your hanging ferns in shabby chic galvanized buckets. Be sure to add drainage holes to the pails before replanting.
3. Keep pots of kitchen herbs at eye level with this vertical planter. Check out the step-by-step instructions and video in How to Make a Hanging Garden Planter project.
4. Bring a touch of stylish practicality with this house number planter, the perfect place to display blooms on your porch.
5. Stir up a batch of hypertufa (cement, Sphagnum peat moss and perlite) and never lack for plant containers again. Hypertufa is versatile enough for modern and rustic looks, and is ideal for a springtime display of succulents on your front porch.
For more quick ideas, check out these lists: