When college football season kicks off, the game becomes the center of attention. For diehard fans, the tailgate spread can be just as important.
Check out these five ideas for your game day spread so your tailgate reigns supreme.
1. Touchdown! Using electrical tape and scissors, give your terra cotta pots a football makeover. It’s an easy idea that takes less than 15 minutes to put together.
Drop in mums in the colors of your favorite team. At Alabama? Try crimson and white mums for Crimson Tide at your tailgate fun. Go with burnt orange and white coneflower or mums for the Texas Longhorns. Put cardinal red and gold color combos in the tailgate spotlight for University of Southern California.
2. Extra points. You’ll score with this funky combo. For Florida Gators fans, check out these blue and orange cacti with pops of green.
3. Game changer. Get the tailgate party started with colorful containers such as this garnet colored pot with gold flowers. Florida State, anyone? If you’re a diehard Michigan State fan, green and white is the ticket.
4. Matchup. Make the rivalry come alive with pots painted in team colors. Use craft or chalkboard paint and then write messages in chalk. You could even use accessories that go with the fun, such as this cute Georgia Bulldog or a red and black blanket.
5. It’s a wrap. Put your centerpiece flowers in a burlap wrap, and tie it off with a ribbon in your team’s colors for a festive take on game day. Find out how to make this quick DIY project.
Here are even more ideas to make your tailgate fun.